October 5, 2009 Leave a comment
The other day I went up to Devils Den State Park for some time alone. Just me and God. I couldn’t have gone on a better day. The weather was perfect!
- Bible, journal, pen, camera, and water. That’s it.
- The first 10-15 minutes of solitude are a little creepy for me. Honestly, I hate it but after a while I realize how much I need it and then I LOVE it.
- Woodpeckers are really cool.
- No one was around. It felt like I was the only one around for miles and miles. It was nice.
- I laid down on a rock at an awesome overlook and vultures started circling me. So I hiked to a different spot.
- Something keeps me from doing stuff like this consistently and I want to change that.
- I love nature. I feel alive when I’m outside.
- Arkansas is underrated. It’s so beautiful. (Arkansas flag wave)
- I have a hard time just sitting. I process better when I’m walking.
Question (Dwight Schrute): When is the last time you got away and spent alone time with God? Think about it. Do it. You’ll be glad you did.